Giuseppe Petruzzellis (1983), BA and MA in Audiovisual Communication.
From 2004 to 2009 he worked as an investigative journalist for the Italian National Public Broadcasting Company RAI.
In 2007 he established APLYSIA, a production company specialised in creative documentaries. Since then he has collaborated on more than 70 film projects (19 features), working as screenwriter, producer, director, editor, cinematographer and colorist.
Most of the feature films he has edited participated to major film festivals (Venice Biennale – Giornate degli autori | CPH:DOX* | Sheffield Doc Fest | Cinéma du Réel | etc.), were broadcasted on TV (RAI | Sky | Arte) and have had theatre releases in Italy.
The short documentaries he has previously directed participated and were awarded at Ji.hlava IDFF | Milano Film Festival | MakeDox | Interfilm | Visioni dal Mondo | Hors Pistes – Centre Pompidou | etc.
In 2023 he has completed La Ricerca, his debut feature film, World Premiere and Special Youth Jury Award at Visions du Reél, Special Mention Hera “New Talents” at BIOGRAFILM and Best Editing at Documentaria.
- La Ricerca – Best Editing – Documentaria (2023)
- La Ricerca – Special Mention Hera “New Talents” – BIOGRAFILM (2023)
- La Ricerca – Special Youth Jury Award – Visions du Réel (2023).
- Non ti scordar di me – best experimental documentary – DOC.LONDON (2023)
- Non ti scordar di me – best short – Segni della notte (2022)
- Non ti scordar di me – best underground film – Los Angeles Super Shorts (2022)
- Non ti scordar di me – best experimental film – Verona IFF (2022)
- Non ti scordar di me – best editing – Prisma Rome Film Award (2022)
- Non ti scordar di me – best short – Mescalito Biopic (2021)
- La Ricerca – “L’Atelier” post-production grant – Milano Film Network (2021)
- Non ti scordar di me – special mention – Visioni dal Mondo (2021)
- Io ti guardo ogni giorno… – best doc – Corti in cortile (2018) / editor
- La Ricerca – development grant – Milano Film Network (2016)
- La Terza Riva – best cinematography – Corto Tendenza (2015) / producer and editor
- La Terza Riva – special mention – Verona Video Festival (2015) / producer and editor
- The Golden Temple – best soundtrack – Sulmonacinema (2012) / producer and editor
- The Museum of Wonders – special mention – Salento Film Festival (2011) / producer and editor
- The Museum of Wonders – best project – Fantafestival (2011) / producer and editor
- Industrial Bay – Slow food award – Vicoli Corti Film Festival (2011)
- Fiumara d’Arte – “FAI il tuo film” grant – Milano Film Festival (2010)
- Industrial Bay – Hors Pistes award – Venice Circuito Off (2010)
- Terrible Truth – best editing – Villanova in Corto (2010) / editor
- Industrial Bay – mention in the national yearbook “Young Blood” (2009)
- Industrial Bay – “FAI il tuo film” award – Milano Film Festival (2009)
- Vida Loca – best film – DocUnder30 (2009) / producer, writer, editor
- Vida Loca – best documentary – Sedicicorto (2008) / producer, writer, editor
- Vida Loca – Fondazione Libero Bizzarri Award(2008) / producer, writer, editor